Information on the SME Digitalisation Plan 2021-2025 that you will be interested in
The Spanish Government is promoting this plan made up of 5 lines of action, with different measures, to boost the digital transformation of SMEs.
The Government of Spain has launched the SME Digitalisation Plan 2021-2025. This plan’s main objective is to boost and accelerate the progress of the digitalisation of Spanish companies. Therefore, the program has been designed to cover both digitalisation projects of immediate execution, based on the integration of existing digital solutions, of minimum complexity and risk, and other more innovative and medium-term, aimed at disruptive innovation. This plan is focused on all Spanish SMEs, regardless of their size, resources or level of digitalisation.
It is a plan targeted at all Spanish SMEs, regardless of their size, resources or level of digitalisation.
What does the program consist of and how does it apply to SMEs?
The plan includes 5 lines of action that cover different initiatives to promote the digital transformation of SMEs. The following is a description of the axes and the benefits of each of the actions, so if you are an SME, pay attention, this will interest you.
The first axis of action is the one related to Basic Digitalisation for SMEs. This axis aims to lay all the basis for digitalisation so that all SMEs have a starting point from which to begin developing transformation plans. This axis contains very useful actions such as:
- The Digital Toolkit Program, which includes service solutions to effectively promote e-commerce, (e.g. through the implementation of e-invoicing), e-business administration and mobility, among others.
- SME Connectivity Bonus Program, related to the provision of grants for companies to have Internet connection in order to incorporate basic digitalisation packages.
- Protect your Company Program (Cybersecurity), which, through contents, aims to raise awareness, train and inform on issues related to cybersecurity in order to protect the business of SMEs as much as possible.
- Acelera pyme Program, which we have already talked about in other posts, that aims to help SMEs in their digitalisation processes.
The second axis is focused on Change Management. The idea of this axis is to provide programs for the effective transition and adaptation of SMEs to their digitalisation plans, including programs such as:
- Executive training program, which has a twofold objective. On the one hand, to promote management training in areas such as e-commerce, customer relationship management (CRM) or process automation, so that SMEs can improve their productivity and growth possibilities, and even their internationalization. And, on the other hand, to reduce the gender gap, increasing the number of women enrolled, graduated and working in ICT sectors.
- Training Program for Experts in the Digital Transformation of SMEs, aimed at training young experts in the digitalisation of SMEs.
- Change Agents Program, to finance the incorporation of digital transformation professionals in SMEs to develop digitalisation plans.
The third axis, Disruptive Innovation and digital entrepreneurship, is aimed at innovative SMEs or those that want to innovate in their operating processes. This axis includes programs such as:
- Disruptive Innovation Program for digital transformation in SMEs, that promotes innovation for the redesign of processes and development of new products or business models based mainly on the use of big data, artificial intelligence or blockchain.
- Support Programs for Innovative Business Clusters, Support Program for Digital Innovation Centres and Support Program for Digital Entrepreneurship.
If SMEs are looking for a specific program for their sector, they will find them in this axis, called Sector Digitalisation Support.
- Activa Industria Program, the objective is the digitalisation of industry, especially industrial SMEs. This program is developed within the framework of the National Strategy for Connected Industry 4.0.
- Digital Tourism Program, which is committed to the development of new digital products and services for the tourism sector.
- Retailing Digitalisation Program, with the objective of digitalising the commercial and retail distribution sector, as well as promoting its internationalization.
And finally, the Coordination, Efficiencies and Reform axis, which will ensure the correct execution of the plan through the implementation of an integrated network of support capabilities for SMEs for innovation, digitalisation and entrepreneurship, as well as the Digital Seal, which will analyse the feasibility and, in case of need, develop and promote a scheme for accreditation and certification of the digital maturity of SMEs that will serve as a seal to recognize and value business excellence and the investments made in digital transformation.